Okay so I'm thinking about the fact that this should really be called Gods moments instead of Molly moments because He is the one that orchestrates all of my stories... but since they come through my writings.... i guess i will leave it at that.
I had another moment this week that I wish to share about. Its amazing how God will open ones eyes to see things with a spiritual meaning rather than just normal life! Wednesday I walked into youth group and went over to the wall to set my things down. I looked up and I saw a spider. Now I haven't been afraid of spiders for a while and I casually announced that there was a spider on the wall. I knew I had made a mistake the moment I stated my observation because when I looked over two of the younger girls screamed. (uh oh!)
Upon the conclusion of her scream, one of the girls declared that she hated spiders and that they were gross. Yet, following that statement, she did something that boggled my mind. She stepped up to where the spider was and stuck her nose about two inches from it. When I asked her why she had done that, she stated that she wanted to, "see the spider so I knew what kind it was and if it would hurt me."
I walked away baffled at her actions. After all if you say you hate something, why go in for a closer look instead of backing off and leaving it alone? But as I left the scene God was working in my brain. I started to see why she would do something like that, after all... is that not what each of us do daily with sin? We turn to God and declare that we hate it and want nothing to do with it, yet when we see it, we cant help but get "just a look" at it. Then a closer look. Eventually, a closer look just isn't enough to satisfy, you have to play with it. Ultimately, if you play with it for too long, you will get bitten by it and either curse Gods name for letting you get into the mess you are in. Or you will learn your lesson, back away, and run back to be under the shelter and protection of Gods loving arms.
The choice is yours... are you swooping in for a closer look? Or will you honor God and let him the spider be? I mean if you are focused on God, you wouldn't even see the spider... so why are you searching for it? Is Gods gracious love not enough?
Fix your eyes on Jesus my friends, for he is the Author and Perfecter of our faith. He also will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear! TRUST HIM!
In HIS service!
-iMAC
Wow! That's amazing Molly! Good analogy :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you..... and I'm so glad you have a blog now!
Isn't it awesome? I'm glad she has a blog too! =D
ReplyDeleteSpiders....ewwwwe.
-Re
Nice analogy!
ReplyDelete